Poem Tryouts: A Moment

05 Jan

8:56 a.m. — San Antonio

listening to A Ring of Fire sung by Marty Robbins

Happy 2016, everyone. Are you recovering from the excesses that are December? I have many favourite moments: opening the steampunk goggles from my husband; getting extra days with our daughter, Marguerite (sorry about the weather, Chicago); Skyping with the Vermont part of our family; and discovering m’rite’s Irish coffee, which she made for us several nights. There are more. In fact, possibly a list poem… hmmm.

I had had another idea for today, but am sure you are in recovery mode and this is a pleasant re-entry. List your favourite moments from December 1st through 31st. Look at what you have and decide what you want to do. You can:

1] Focus on one moment. The speaker can be in that moment, or recalling that moment. First or third person point of view.

2] The same as #1, but link the moment to a memory.

3] Fashion a list poem.

4] An idea of your own.

Nice and easy. Next week, we’ll leap back in. I will see you Thursday for links and Tuesday for my next prompt.

Happy New Year and happy writing, all.

Posted by on 05/01/2016 in exercises, poetry

Tags: , ,

12 responses to “Poem Tryouts: A Moment

1. writersdream9

05/01/2016 at 11:21 am

Sounds great! Thanks, Margo!

2. georgeplace2013

07/01/2016 at 5:01 am

Sorry, Margo. I’ll catch the next one – been crazy still (or maybe that should read I’m still crazy, ha)

07/01/2016 at 9:21 am

Debi, I understand crazy. See you further on.

07/01/2016 at 6:32 am

I had to do a mini mash… Moments these days seem brief.
    What is with lists anyway? 😉

Icey Eyes

07/01/2016 at 9:22 am

Jules, lists are easy… at first blush 😀

• julespaige

10/01/2016 at 6:49 am

I bet all teachers present or formerly say that… well except me. 😉

09/01/2016 at 3:05 pm

Thank you, Margo…I picked on some fun moments watching our new cat! 🙂

So good to see you and to hear some of the gems from your holidaze!! :)’s