Poetics Serendipity

29 Oct

8:11 a.m. — San Antonio

listening to Train, Train sung by Blackfoot

Hello, all. We finally have autumn-like weather. At least we do until the afternoon when it’s still climbing into the eighties. We’re getting there. In a couple of days, NaNoWriMo starts. For new people, during November I’ll post some links more directed to the writing of prose, and the Tuesday prompts are for prose writers but easily adaptable to poetry.

1] First up, Robert Lee Brewer. There was a momentary panic amongst participants, last week, when Robert had not posted regarding his November Poem a Day Chapbook Challenge, but it’s official: Robert is providing his usual forum. Head over to read the guidelines.

2] The second find sounds interesting. Novlr describes itself as built by writers for writers, a place to safely hold your words, workable on any computer. They offer a free trial period for the whole of November. It sounds worth trying. You’ll know if you must have it or not.

3] The next is from The Writer’s Circle. They have many good things; you’ll be seeing a lot of them this month. This first offering is to remind you to relax and laugh at yourself this month: Writing a First Draft: The 8 Stages Writers Go Through. (Ignore the stuff around the poster)

4] Grammarly kindly asked whether I wanted to share Which Literary Monster Are You?  Well, of course, I do. It’s Halloween weekend coming up. Have some fun. I found the questions asked, interesting, although I’m not sure about the conclusion. When you arrive on the page, hit the Let’s Play button. (Yes, it would be better if I embedded the link — let’s not go there)

5] A last second addition. Tawnya Smith asked me to post a call for The Mayo Review. The deadline is this weekend, but you just might have something that fits.

I will see you Tuesday for a prompt; and Thursday for links.

Happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 29/10/2015 in links, poetry, writing

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Poetics Serendipity

1. http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com

29/10/2015 at 12:05 pm

I tried the monster quiz, but the questions didn’t include the right options!

29/10/2015 at 12:08 pm

I had the same problem with a couple of the questions. There needs to be an ‘other’ component. As a result of my answers, I am a werewolf.

29/10/2015 at 1:52 pm

Tawyna’s facebook link isn’t up. Which doesn’t matter to me since I don’t have Facebook.
    But I was hoping it wasn’t just for ‘Facebook’ users.

I don’t have to play at Halloweeny games to know I am just a plain rebel.

29/10/2015 at 5:50 pm

I’ll find you a link, Jules. The Mayo review is certainly not a Facebook thing. They’re an established journal. You can find info at: http://themayoreview.weebly.com/submission-requirements.html

• julespaige

29/10/2015 at 5:54 pm

Thank you. Came up as an unavailable Facebook page.
        This link works.
        I don’t have a whole lot that isn’t blog posted. Looks like something for a back burner for the summer.
        Thanks.

30/10/2015 at 6:55 am

(snort) I’m Grendel.

4. georgeplace2013

31/10/2015 at 1:14 pm

Pennywise (from Stephen King) which I know nothing about – but it is a creepy clown – nuff said.

31/10/2015 at 3:53 pm

Interesting. Nothing run of the mill for you.