Poem Tryouts: Dream Symbols

09 Jun

listening to the rustle of the newspaper as my brother reads it… standing up(?!)

Hello, all. I’m tossing a quick one at you. Well, I’ll be quick. You might be a bit longer. I have found a nifty site that lists thirty of the main dream symbols and writes a brief bit with each. Head over to the site, read through the list, and when one resonates, do something with it. Too vague? Nah. I have faith in you. You’ll know it when you see it. Trust me.

See you Thursday for links; Friday is dark, as I will be on the road; and Tuesday for our next prompt.

I’ll try to get back to read, but it might be spotty. I have relatives, and museums to see. Happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 09/06/2015 in exercises, poems, poetry

Tags: , , , ,

18 responses to “Poem Tryouts: Dream Symbols

1. rosross

09/06/2015 at 10:26 am

I have been writing my dreams down for forty years. Fascinating insights and I am sure, unconscious healing.

09/06/2015 at 7:29 pm

Thank you, Margo – I love working with dreams! 🙂

09/06/2015 at 8:22 pm

I’ve got a haibun just for you. But I’m going to post it tomorrow because it will link with the daily piece that I am posting then.

4. angieinspired

10/06/2015 at 1:16 pm

10/06/2015 at 3:31 pm

Welcome, Angie. So glad to see you.

5. purplepeninportland

10/06/2015 at 11:14 pm

I am fascinated with dreams, and spent a while at the site you provided. Thanks, Margo.

11/06/2015 at 8:59 am

It’s a fun site, isn’t it. I liked the quickness of it. Other dream sites got too involved.

• purplepeninportland

11/06/2015 at 12:19 pm

There seems to be a lot of meanings for each type of dream, which I guess, makes sense.