Poetry Freeforall — Let’s Go. You Can Do It.

08 May

first photo 3Out of my way. I’m late, I’m late, for a very important… Oh, you’re the date and I’m only a couple of hours behind: 9:45 a.m.– Atlanta

listening to They Can’t Take That Away From Me sung by Robbie Williams

Hello, all. No niceties. We’re late! We’re off!

Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie  The prompt that caught my eye this week is Tale Weaver’s — the prompt involves documents of any sort and will work for regular and found poetry. Check out their other prompts for the week.sunday whirl

The Sunday Whirligig has our Wordle words ready.

pink girl ink

Pink.Girl.Ink. Stand by.

The Music In It: Adele Kenny’s Poetry Blog: Adele gives us a prompt that is particularly important to what we do. This week, she asks us to deal with last lines. She has many examples (There are a couple where I’m going to seek out the poem), and the tips and dos and don’ts that make her prompts mini-workshops. Head over.

Feeling blue? Need a laugh? Need warming up? You need to read a limerick or two. Make tracks to Mad Kane’s Humor Blog. Read several. They are in the comments so you don’t even have to leave the page. One advantage to writing a limerick is they are short. You can post them in comments on the blog, or on Mad Kane’s Facebook page. Go over and check it out — read several, write one.magpie

Magpie Tales  Either people are slow in coming back from April, or they don’t know what to do with this photograph. Remember that you do not have to write about the whole, or write about the image directly. Head over.Poetry Jam

At Poetry Jam, I have been denied access. If anyone knows if the site has gone private, let me know.

FPR-200

Found Poetry Review Recovering: Stand by.

Poets & Writers gives us three prompts every week. One for non-fiction, one for fiction, and one for poetry. My contention is that all the prompts work for poetry. They also all work for prose. This week’s topics are bard, found objects, and digital poetry. A whole little poem right there. Visit to find out what the prompts are about.IGWRTButtonrsz

At imaginary garden with real toads grapeling offers a word list drawn from the works of Neruda. Go play with the toads.

At Poets United Midweek Motif Susan gives us honouring our elders as our motif. Visit to read the examples Susan has chosen. sasha

At The Happy Amateur Sasha explains wikems. Stand by.

dverseOver at dVerse Bjorn talks to us about metaphor and cliché. The post is a week ago, but the piece is worth a read, if you haven’t done so, so head to the bar. They have Moscow Mules this week.

That should keep you busy. I shall see you Tuesday for one of my prompts; Thursday for links and such; and Friday for the roundup of the week’s prompts.

Happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 08/05/2015 in exercises, links, poetry

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

12 responses to “Poetry Freeforall — Let’s Go. You Can Do It.

1. b_y

08/05/2015 at 10:52 am

Part of the problem was wondering what is he doing with his other hand. Or was that just me?

08/05/2015 at 11:57 am

It is not just you. I was a little taken aback.

08/05/2015 at 11:02 am

I like to play with combining prompts… but the ‘gig’ words were used in flash fiction along with ‘memories’ which I only used a part of, so I’ll just give you a poem prompted by MLMM’s Fairy Tale:
    And yes I spelled ‘Mistic’ just the way I wanted to.

08/05/2015 at 12:00 pm

Grin. You rebel, Jules.

• julespaige

08/05/2015 at 3:59 pm

The voice of that piece – was from a dream.
        I was going to skip that prompt but then, well
        I just transcribed the dream scene. 🙂

3. morgaine620

08/05/2015 at 11:44 am

Reblogged this on Just Fooling Around With Bee and commented:
    Hello out there, even though I didn’t want to go online today because I had a late shift last night until half nine and an early shift this morning at 6am, I am here and start “Re-Blogg Friday”. I somehow have managed to find a meme or theme for every day of the week for this blog besides Friday. As I am usually occupied with my dayjob and shopping I thought it might be a good idea to chose Friday for some re-blogging.

Today I introduce you to Margo Roby ~ Finding Poetry who has a post full of poetry and other prompts. So if you are bored or uninspired you surely will find something there.

Have a lovely weekend all of you, if you have one that is and otherwise: not stressful work for you. Take care and don’t forget to head over to Margo and find some great prompts!

4. morgaine620

08/05/2015 at 11:45 am

Hi Margo, thanks very much for this post and all those prompt idea’s. I just re-bloggt your post on “Just Fooling Around With Bee”. Have a great day and weekend. Bee

08/05/2015 at 4:39 pm

Bee, Thank you for the reblog. I enjoyed reading your note to your readers. m

• morgaine620

11/05/2015 at 1:17 pm

You are very welcome and thanks very much 🙂

5. whimsygizmo

08/05/2015 at 1:05 pm

LOLOLOLOL.
    I cannot thank you enough for reminding me about Magpie just in time to spend the morning giggling and writing to that hilarious selfie. Oh, heavens.

6. http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com

09/05/2015 at 1:30 am

Thanks for the roundup again, Margo. I went on a trawl of prompts and poems, so running out of writing time!

Poetry Jam invites us to contact if we want to read, but there’s no contact address. The door is slammed in our faces!

09/05/2015 at 10:35 am

You are welcome, ViV.

The Poetry Jam is an odd thing. You would think an announcement, or something, not just ‘We’re closed. Contact us’. Ah well.