PoMoSco Day 30

30 Apr

Here we are, at last. The final day. I have loved having part of this month be posting poems I thought you’d enjoy. The final prompt asked us to: Visit your local restaurant, bar or coffee shop and snag a copy of the menu. Write a poem using only words and phrases found on the menu.

This, as with any source, depends on text to be workable. I was lucky. I chose a Japanese menu. The restaurant must make a hundred rolls and they name every single one of them. In fact, I had too many words. The first things I did was delete words I knew I wasn’t going to use, so the list was not so intimidating. I like what I finally arrived at: Life is a Japanese Menu.

Other items on the menu (I went nuts today, because it’s the final one):

Barbara C: Please ask

Richard Walker: aromas!

Massimo Soranzio: Buried within

Misky: Filling and Earl Grey at Pret

Kimmy Stühle: Angels on the Moon

Gary Glauber: The Western Chinese Amigo’s Umbrella

Zann Carter:Live–Often and Well

Andrea Janelle Dickens: Émigré Memories

Lori Brack: gypsy midnight

Okay, I’m stopping. The relatives are on their way from the airport, so I guess I should cast my eye over the flat. The dusting… ah, well. Enjoy these. I hope to, a couple of times next month, post links to some more that I come across as I go back through and read without a deadline.

I will see you Tuesday for my regular prompt; Thursday for links and such; and Friday for the prompt roundup.

Posted by on 30/04/2015 in exercises, poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , , , ,

14 responses to “PoMoSco Day 30

1. Luanne

30/04/2015 at 11:02 am

Thanks for these! Happy National Keep a Poem in Your Pocket Day!

2. margo roby

30/04/2015 at 11:13 am

A Happy National Keep a Poem in Your Pocket Day, too!

30/04/2015 at 11:24 am

It was such great fun, and I’m looking forward to next April! xx

4. http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com

30/04/2015 at 11:33 am

Bravo for staying the course, with a form of poetry I find impossible! Enjoy your relations.

30/04/2015 at 11:37 am

Thank you, ViV! I am surrounded by them as I type.

30/04/2015 at 11:49 am

Well now that looks like a prompt I could stick my teeth into…
    (one of these days). 🙂
    “Z” is here:

30/04/2015 at 2:33 pm

In your spare time, right, Jules?

6. margo roby

30/04/2015 at 12:23 pm

Two more poems to try. When I tried to edit to add them, bloody WordPress puts it in the new format which is hopeless.

Vinita: http://www.pomosco.com/out-and-about/orders-up/dateless-hunger/

james: http://www.pomosco.com/out-and-about/orders-up/any-penny/

7. barbcrary

30/04/2015 at 2:27 pm

I’m rather looking forward to a return to routine, although I wouldn’t have missed this month of challenges for anything!

8. whimsygizmo

30/04/2015 at 4:46 pm

What great fun this was. I picked a sushi menu, because I love the names of the rolls. 🙂

9. whimsygizmo

30/04/2015 at 4:49 pm

And THANK you for the bonus prompts this month, the links to amazing poems, and the encouraging comments. I’ve enjoyed it so much! I still have a handful or two of the PoMoSco’s I didn’t get to…fodder for May. 😉