PoMoSco Day 21

21 Apr

Snarl… not really, but I will be glad to get some of my days back. Today’s instructions: Select a source text . Copy down all of the questions it contains. Create a poem made up of a series of questions from your list. Working with a digital text? Press CTRL+F on a PC or COMMAND+F on a Mac, then search for the “?” character (no quotes). Alternately, use FPR Book Reviews Editor Doug Luman’s “Questions” tool. Select “Questions” from the drop-down list, paste your source text into the box, then press the “Run” button.

Can you imagine creating a poem that works, but only uses questions? My questions come from a book of questions and I enjoyed drawing out the ones I wanted to use: What Tree is Cut During Moonlight?

Other questions:

james moore: hadn’t you rather

Rebecca Siegel: What I Really Want to Know is This

Zann Carter: What Have You Done With It?

Nancy Chen Long: Let Me Ask You This

J.Lynn Sheridan: Two Novices in a Boat

Misky: Are Those Shadows Me?

Barbara C: Match.com

Richard Walker: Won’t You Be Scared?

Doug Luman: Burrowmaking

Alright, alright, I’ll stop, but there are so many I like, such cleverness and beauty. Enjoy and I will see you tomorrow.

One more from someone who occasionally shadows us: de’s Won’t you have a sip of ocean?

Posted by on 21/04/2015 in exercises, poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , ,

12 responses to “PoMoSco Day 21

21/04/2015 at 11:20 am

🙂 Now create a poem and answer the questions.

21/04/2015 at 11:22 am

Oh, I like that, Jules. I’ve just written it down to try first thing after the mad month is done.

2. whimsygizmo

21/04/2015 at 12:12 pm

Lookit me, doin’ the day on the day for a change. 😉
    This was great fun. Thank you!

21/04/2015 at 12:15 pm

Show-off! I learned so much from the ones I posted and yours, de, that I may try another.

• whimsygizmo

21/04/2015 at 12:16 pm

I LOVED this exercise (if only to pull out Kuskin again, and enjoy her with my coffee). I want to play again, too. 🙂

3. whimsygizmo

21/04/2015 at 12:23 pm

Awww. Thanks for addin’ me. It’s an honor to shadow greatness. I am SO enjoying April. 🙂

21/04/2015 at 12:25 pm

Laughing… you, who toss off poems as fast as I can read them. Next April we’ll have to see if the FPR does another. I hope they do! Then you can see if you want to be official.

• whimsygizmo

21/04/2015 at 12:27 pm

I would love that, if I can pay enough attention, and get my butt in gear early enough to actually enter. Or sign up. Or sign over my first born, or whatever. 😉