PoMoSco Day 18

18 Apr

I’m going to get up May 1st and not know what to do with myself, aren’t I? The instructions for today’s poem are simple: Find a two page spread, in a book or magazine, and pick words and phrases you like. Keep them in the order found and create a poem. As with so many found poems, the source text is crucial: Letting Go.

Other open books:

Lori Brack: An interior artifact

Zann Carter: And All the Spaces of Our Past

Barbara C: Amazon

Misky: A Stream of Sky

Doug Luman: Self-portrait of City in Death Mask

Mary Bast: A Handmade Card

Jen Karetnick: To Make Pies So That the Birds May Be Alive in Them

Richard Walker: boxes and holes

Have fun!

Posted by on 18/04/2015 in exercises, poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , ,

9 responses to “PoMoSco Day 18

18/04/2015 at 12:14 pm

I think you are very lucky at that type of thing finding poems in others words.

I tried a new thing from an MLM prompt called the ‘Group Effect’.

Maybe not this year…but maybe…
    😉

2. Mr. Walker

18/04/2015 at 2:28 pm

Thank you for getting me to read Lori’s and Mary’s poems.

18/04/2015 at 2:51 pm

I’m hooked on Lori, now, so always check her, and Mary’s an old friend from this challenge two years ago. This is fun, isn’t it!

• Mr. Walker

18/04/2015 at 3:15 pm

It is fun. I’m getting to know some poets better – as well as finding new poets to follow.

18/04/2015 at 2:52 pm

And Doug’s was very good, also.

18/04/2015 at 2:58 pm

I love his structure. It allows for play.

4. purplepeninportland

05/05/2015 at 11:51 pm

I used a short story in The Sun for my source. Nice to ‘see’ you again, Margo. I missed this site!
    Mine is up at: https://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/woman-unknown/