PoMoSco Day 5

05 Apr

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend. This is a quick post, as our guests are on the way up in the lift! Today’s prompt asks us to wander around, in, through, a public space recording conversation. The poem must come from those conversational bits. I found it fascinating the way everyone handled this prompt. Mine is Snippets at a Chieftains’ Concert. Not one of my favourite prompts, but done.

Other takes:

Gary Glauber: You’re gonna break everything one day

Pamela Sayers: Maybe She’ll Get a Good Picture of My A**

Nathalie Boisard-Beudin: Actually/Exactly/Apparently

Barbara Crary: in the market for

Tomorrow is another of my favourite prompts. See you then. Happy the rest of the day.

Posted by on 05/04/2015 in exercises, poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , ,

8 responses to “PoMoSco Day 5

1. Pamela

05/04/2015 at 4:10 pm

Thanks for the mention, Margo. Enjoy your holiday.

Pamela ox

05/04/2015 at 5:04 pm

I really enjoyed your conversation, Pamela, and adored the title. I notice someone else had a two language one, too. I hope you are having a restful day (other than poetry stuff).

05/04/2015 at 7:16 pm

I like the ‘unfolding’ line…

Oft tall folks have to do just that in tight spaces…But I suppose most do in theater or concert seats as they are not really made for lasting comfort.

3. http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com

06/04/2015 at 3:18 am

We’re off out for lunch, and I’ve already wasted ages looking for this poem of Australian Sentences:- :

Overheard on Durham Station

A nerdy sports coat in herringbone tweed, wearing jeans and desert boots.
    I heard him say to no-one, “intelligence neurones versus free will.”
    A shivering dolly bird with mile-high legs below a six-inch skirt,
    busy fingers twinkling, texting adoring sweet nothings to her love.
    A young couple standing close, she a sultry-eyed beauty, he a fool
    for ignoring her studiously, glued fatuously to his cell phone.

Checks and stripes and leopard print to match the dolled-up baby buggy.
    Small girl in pink, with black tights and Doc Martens – why must they all wear pink?
    Muttering murmurings from behind, drowned by raucous drunken laughter.
    “About now the white lady begins to separate in the middle” –
    that nerdy chap is at it again and I wonder what he is on;
    I haven’t the foggiest idea what that could possibly mean.

06/04/2015 at 12:58 pm

ViV, i loved listening in on your poem.

4. whimsygizmo

24/04/2015 at 10:00 am

I finally went somewhere alone this week, where I could listen. 😉

24/04/2015 at 10:19 am

I admit this is easier to do alone. I told Skip I might break off in the middle of conversation and write frantically. Kids could be a problem.