PoMoSco Day 3

03 Apr

Hello, all. I’m earlier today. Forgot my husband had the day off and got up too early. I don’t want to post too early because I need to read the poems, to set some in front of you. Today’s instructions: Find a text you don’t mind marking up — or make a photocopy — progressively cover up lines of text with white out until only the words of your erasure poem remain. Scan your completed erasure as an image — or take a picture of it — and post it. You must complete this process by hand — no digital tools.

Key to the process is a white out that is easy to use and we had quite a discussion of white outs over in the Facebook group. The danger is whiting out a word, or phrase you want. I did that, but like where the poem goes.The title is History Changes. I noted that originally I was going to find some way to move the reader directionally because I had found another way the poem could go. Then I realised the poem can start at almost any word and move in almost any direction, each time saying something slightly different. I typed  three possibilities below the whited out page.

Others you might enjoy:

Barbara Yates Young: When She Was Angry     my favourite

Kelly Nelson: Mango

Barbara Crary: Invisible

Richard Walker: Before the Story

Marilyn Braendeholm (Misky): A Confession to Water

Nathalie Boisard-Beudin: Herewith became like unto an egg

Andrea Janelle Dickens: Aging

I will see you tomorrow for an interesting prompt.

Posted by on 03/04/2015 in poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , , ,

11 responses to “PoMoSco Day 3

03/04/2015 at 9:58 am

Reblogged this on The Chalk Hills Journal and commented:
    Catch up on today’s PoMoSco offerings. Good fun with Tipex!

03/04/2015 at 11:16 am

I enjoyed the whiting out more than the poem 😀

03/04/2015 at 11:13 am

Margo,
    Your entry reminds me of haiku. Gentle and reflective – though, very real.

03/04/2015 at 11:18 am

Thank you, Jules. I may go back and look at them in that light. Somewhere down the road we have a haiku prompt. It is one of my favourites, so far.

• julespaige

03/04/2015 at 12:23 pm

I’m not really following any one prompt for April.
        Though I did start an A-Z with names… Did I send you that link?

I’ve been writing haiku (tanka, renga as I learned the American style forms) at my Gems site for inspiration from a book called Instant Karma. Thought I did an Elfje or two. You might like today’s…inspired by ‘Have fun along the way.’

written words in the
        children’s story book can be
        a jumping off point

trade words, wait for giggles and
        let the young ones correct you

teach them to learn with
        joy as they sit in your lap
        waiting for each page

03/04/2015 at 12:32 pm

Oh, very nice, Jules. Two of my source texts are children’s books. You may have sent me the link on day 2 which I haven’t gotten back to. I’ll try to remember to check. I’m working on two different prompts at the same time 😀

• julespaige

03/04/2015 at 1:37 pm

No worries. You’ve got a lot on your plate.
            As I suspect we all do…

Did you catch that Brenda is taking a leave of absence from The Sunday Whirl and a temp site by MMT … ah yes you were included in that e-mail.

3. Mr. Walker

04/04/2015 at 11:02 am

Margo, thanks for the mention. And, a huge “thank you, thank you” for introducing me to PoMoSco! I am having a blast!

04/04/2015 at 11:30 am

Richard, I can tell, which gives me no end of a kick.

4. whimsygizmo