PoMoSco Day 1

01 Apr

Alright, then. The challenge is on. My first poem is up: The Sea Teaches

For the month of April, I will be posting a link to the Found Poetry Review’s challenge site. If you visit to read my poem, stop longer and visit a few other people.The prompt for today is from the Pick and Mix category: Select a source text and browse, copying down words and phrases that interest you. Craft a poem using only words you found in the text, arranging them in any order.

Remixing is my favourite form of Found poetry, so this one, no problem, once I selected my source text, Rachel Morrow Lindbergh’s Gifts From the Sea.

In case you don’t have time to wander, here are some familiar and some new names:

Barbara Y: How the Rain Fell in Tennessee

Nancy Chen Long: Ornamental

Zann Carter: Word

Misky: It’s All About the Honey

Barbara C: Transformation: A Civil War Sonnet

Enjoy.

Posted by on 01/04/2015 in poems, poetry, pomosco

Tags: , , , , ,

13 responses to “PoMoSco Day 1

01/04/2015 at 11:22 am

Thanks for the link(s)
    Now just for the time…to read.
    You might like (singularly for MLM):

01/04/2015 at 12:29 pm

Reblogging.

01/04/2015 at 12:30 pm

Reblogged this on The Chalk Hills Journal.

01/04/2015 at 12:57 pm

Yay!! Happy NaPoWriMo to you, (all!!) So glad you’re diving in, Margo and what a great source you picked…I have and adore that book. πŸ™‚

01/04/2015 at 12:59 pm

This will be my third year, Hannah! I love how much I have to stretch. I have my grandmother’s copy, given to her by here god-daughter.

• Hannah Gosselin

01/04/2015 at 1:01 pm

Congrats to you! Yes, stretching is perfect for the poetic soul…loves to expand and wow…what a seriously special copy you have! β™₯

5. margo roby

02/04/2015 at 9:20 am

Hey, can I shift this over to today’s post when it comes out? You have a good one here. I want people to read it.

6. whimsygizmo

03/04/2015 at 6:22 pm

Hi, Margo. LOVE your piece! Is there a place for us late bloomers to perhaps share? I see that the official site feels like a “an organized souls who signed up” sort of a place. I’m a “poem by the seat of my pants” sort of girl. πŸ˜‰ I may take a stab at the prompts, either way, amid the usual Poetic Asides poeming…

04/04/2015 at 8:13 am

de, my apologies. I just spotted this yesterday on the fly. The group is a closed group, this year, but you can follow the prompts and post a link here each day.

• whimsygizmo

06/04/2015 at 4:46 pm

Thanks, margo. You’re a sweetheart. I don’t see anybody doin’ that, though. πŸ˜‰ You have enough on your plate without fielding my shares. πŸ˜‰ (Does that make us sharecroppers? I am now intrigued by the line I just wrote. It’s April. I am highly distractible by all shiny objects, words and phrases.) πŸ˜‰

I SO want to PoMoSco. Great prompts. Loving your pieces. I may binge-poem-catchup here in a bit, if the other prompts don’t all bury me in a delightful pile of fallen phrase.