Poem Tryouts: Imagine This

25 Nov

listening to Harry Belafonte singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Hello, all. Snow’s a’ comin’. Start replenishing the just in case closet. Then settle in with a prompt, or two. This is our image day and I am going to pull a Magpie and see what happens with no guidance. I was working on what to say with each of these two images when I realised I wanted to see what you did with them on your own.

This first was found by my California brother. You’ll need to study it a bit.

one man's garbage

In case that one leaves you flummoxed poem-wise:

boy in jar with fireflies

Off you go. I shall be leaving for my Florida brother’s tomorrow (road trip!), so may not get to your poems until early next week. A lot depends on my tablet, and whether I am busy eating. Many of you may say the same about posting, so don’t worry about pulling in later than usual.

Remember: Wordgathering is dark Thursday and Friday. I shall see you again next Tuesday for a prompt, possibly to do with death. I have to dig out my notes (don’t worry, I’ll write it so you can be as distanced or as close as you wish).

Happy writing, everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving, whether or not you celebrate it. I am more thankful to all of you than I can say.

Posted by on 25/11/2014 in exercises, poetry

Tags: , ,

18 responses to “Poem Tryouts: Imagine This

25/11/2014 at 9:47 am

Safe travels Madam Promptress.
    We’ve already had one family gathering and if we can get to it another on Thursday.

To you and your family and to all who visit here; Happy Thanksgiving.

25/11/2014 at 10:23 am

To you and yours, Jules. Talk to you again when I’m back.

2. Carol Carlisle

25/11/2014 at 10:48 am

Chow down and eat up! Have fun…
    Were you a’jokin’ bout snow a’comin’ ? Our California daughter is on her way to Atlanta and we’re hopin’ she has enough warm cloths.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

25/11/2014 at 11:39 am

I will, Carol!

Next week, here, the temps will run between the 40’s at night to the 60′ during the day. We were scheduled for snow flurries tomorrow, but the low pressure system has moved away. If your daughter can layer, she’ll be fine. If not… why, she’ll have to go shopping! But, she should be fine.

• Carol Carlisle

25/11/2014 at 12:25 pm

Thanks for the weather report…They come in very late tomorrow. The last I heard she plans to bring layers, just like she wears around here…I’m the worried one because she’s going to meet prospective in-laws who are VERY different the what she’s use to out here in liberal CA…
        No poem comes to mind except:

Twinkle, twinkle little star
        caught with-in the jar
        would you love to be
        set free and fly

Happy Thanksgiving
        Carol

25/11/2014 at 2:58 pm

Alluding to a little bit of everything –
    Trash poetry? -nah, just bits and pieces πŸ™‚

25/11/2014 at 4:17 pm

5. markwindham

25/11/2014 at 5:36 pm

woohoo! Posted same day as prompt! Now to make up time lost when i should have been working. πŸ™‚

26/11/2014 at 6:32 am

I’m going backwards: poem on your site to comment on mine. Don’t ask. Enjoy today. Don’t think about work.

25/11/2014 at 6:53 pm

Thank you, Margo and I echo that gratitude back to you!! Safe travels and a beautiful time with family to you. β™₯

I’ll be back to read later this week…or tomorrow. πŸ™‚

01/12/2014 at 7:58 am

In hope your Thanksgiving was lovely, Hannah. I’m glad to be back to read!

7. b_young

26/11/2014 at 8:47 am

Late and brief. Have a fine holiday

01/12/2014 at 8:00 am

Late? Late? What’s this late? You posted the day after. I hope your own holiday day went well. I can’t help noticing, on today’s weather map, that it is dry everywhere except over where you live.

8. purplepeninportland

26/11/2014 at 11:14 pm

Have a wonderful holiday, Margo!
    Mine is up at: https://margoroby.com/

01/12/2014 at 8:00 am

Thank you, Sara. I did and I hope you did as well.