My Trees have Grown Hair: The Poetry of Autism

17 Oct

8:10 a.m. — Atlanta.
listening to Paul McCartney singing with Straight, No Chaser.
Hello, everyone. I was going to include this post among my links today, but as I reread it, I realised I want to reblog the whole.
The post is a wonderful essay, by Liz, who writes about her experiences living with her autistic son, Dylan. This particular post is titled ‘My Trees Have Grown Hair: The Poetry of Autism’ and speaks to Liz’ realisations and perceptions about language because of Dylan.
Thank you to Misky, who sent it to me to read. I shall see you all tomorrow. Happy writing.

Posted by on 17/10/2013 in writing

8 responses to “My Trees have Grown Hair: The Poetry of Autism

17/10/2013 at 12:27 pm

Entirely my pleasure, Margo.

2. http://vivinfrance.wordpress.com

17/10/2013 at 5:08 pm

Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction Margo (and Misky). It’s given me a great deal of food for thought. I hope I have learned some of the lessons.

18/10/2013 at 7:10 am

It is wonderful on many layers, isn’t it? So many different lessons.

17/10/2013 at 6:35 pm

I love the poem behind the title…*sigh* beautiful.

18/10/2013 at 7:12 am

I do, too. I noticed this morning that Neil reblogged this from ravenswing, lol! I’m glad the article and the site are getting around.

4. lynnie gobeille

18/10/2013 at 9:10 am

the title drew me in…. the article broke me open….. the poem opened my heart. what a a blessing this posting is in my day. txu margo for re-posting.

18/10/2013 at 10:36 am

Lynnie, that’s how I felt. I now follow the blog.