NaPoWriMo: 30 and About Damn Time

30 Apr

I’m staring at the keyboard. Not a whole lot of thinking happening. Two writing projects end today. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I shall feel odd, sad, maybe a little lost. Then, I’ll remember, You’re all still there!

No prompt. My mind wouldn’t consent to thinking about even a simple acrostic, maybe a haiku. I shall link to Miz Q for the final time. I have enjoyed having her corner during this month.

Dear God! Look
at the time…

I mean,

Dear God,

The day is closing fast
and I have no poem, no
thought. My mind —
that most elusive of things —
wanders and blanks, blanks
and dreams, wanders.

Elizabeth wrote to The Poem
Fairy, and Brenda pulled
a Hail Mary haiku — well,
so did I, thanks to Cati
and Picasso — This time,
I thought I had better
go straight to you.

Grant me no serenity,
please, not yet, but ideas
hard and bright.

Yours Faithfully,

m

I shall see you Thursday for Your Poetics Serendipity; Friday for the roundup of the week’s prompts; and next Tuesday for a Shake it Out prompt. You do not know how I have missed writing that at the end of each post.

I shall also announce the winners of the Poetry Giveaway on Thursday.

Happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 30/04/2013 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: ,

21 responses to “NaPoWriMo: 30 and About Damn Time

1. Quickly

30/04/2013 at 1:58 pm

And you don’t know how much I’ve missed reading it.

30/04/2013 at 2:34 pm

Margo!!! I gotta let you in on a little secret…you are awesome, truly!!! It’s been so great poeming alongside you this month/year!! 🙂 My throat’s getting a lil’ clench-y sentimentally all verklempt! Ahem…don’t mind me! 😉

30/04/2013 at 2:35 pm

Oh, Hannah, my throat has been all verklempt all day. Thank you for you :-).

• Hannah Gosselin

30/04/2013 at 2:36 pm

Oh, phew…I’m “normal,” then!! And I echo your sentiment heartily, my friend. ♥

30/04/2013 at 2:38 pm

😀 ❤

30/04/2013 at 2:39 pm

Damn! What did I do wrong with the heart? I’ve been making them for years!

3. Marian Veverka

30/04/2013 at 2:47 pm

I enjoyed reading your poems even if I couldn’t always come up with a comment.

30/04/2013 at 3:00 pm

Marian I appreciate this comment greatly. I have been enjoying yours as well, but have found commenting difficult this month.

4. Laurie Kolp

30/04/2013 at 2:58 pm

I need some of that, too. Big hug to you, my friend. It’s been a great month at PR.

30/04/2013 at 3:07 pm

A hug back, Laurie. I’m so glad that I have friends who are in this poetry world, too. It has been a wonderful month.

5. Stan Ski

30/04/2013 at 4:02 pm

Good stuff Margo…!

6. 1sojournal

30/04/2013 at 7:00 pm

I really like the idea of a Hail Mary Haiku, gotta stash it away and pull it out later. Today has been the hardest one of all. So much ending and although the loss is but temporary, it feels deep. I loved sharing this month with you and all the others, only hope there will be lots more. Cyber hugs,

Elizabeth

02/05/2013 at 7:47 am

Yes, cyber hugs. It’s the intensity of the month, isn’t it, and that we are all in the same space, so to speak, for a month. But it is different now and a little lonelier, quieter. Yet, we are here, dear Elizabeth.

7. Pamela

30/04/2013 at 11:49 pm

Hugs, Margo. Like how you ended this. It has been nice to have you with us on this insane journey, my friend.

02/05/2013 at 7:34 am

Hugs to you, Pamela. It’s been fun to be on this crazy ride.

01/05/2013 at 7:55 am

So whatcha gonna do on your day off today? Lollygag around and drink coffee???
    Looking forward to *coughs and sputters* normalcy – what ever that may be.
    It has been a delight to see, read and share with everyone this month. Thank you so much for posting the info about Miz Q – Catchcha latter as I’ve an early and long day with Son of Son.

Three cheers for everyone, those who posted intermittently and to those who posted daily!!
    Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!!!

02/05/2013 at 7:35 am

Jules, I was so full of energy I washed the kitchen floor, dusted, washed mirrors, did the regular chores and wrote a poem!

9. vivinfrance

02/05/2013 at 6:52 am

A prayer after my own heart. Margo you have been truly brilliant this month, full of wisdom and words and laughs. Thank you. I’m just catching up on my inbox. I thought I’d be all out of poetry after April, but I have already written 4 poems (mostly better than the naponones!)

02/05/2013 at 7:36 am

Thank you, ViV. It’s the people I am with, like you. I think it’s the brain’s huzzah! I wrote and submitted a poem yesterday!