NaPoWriMo: Selling 27

27 Apr

I had altogether too much fun with Miz Q’s prompt to write a poem to do with some aspect of salesmanship. My auto-pilot brain leapt to the spam box that comes with my blog, a place where I go for a laugh before deleting. I remixed some of the pitches and, because they are different pitches, separated them by margin alignment. Poetic? mmm…; a laugh? yes.

mq pitch crop 27

Posted by on 27/04/2013 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: , ,

8 responses to “NaPoWriMo: Selling 27

1. viv blake

27/04/2013 at 3:40 pm

I get a few of those, too plus some in foreign languages and some sort of code.

27/04/2013 at 3:45 pm

I’m getting some of the code stuff, too. It’s new and it’s weird. I always tread gently around the spam, making sure my finger is nowhere near my mouse button until I know what I am clicking.

2. Quickly

27/04/2013 at 3:44 pm

Oh, good work. This one SEEMED like a good idea when it popped into my head, but I got nothing. May be the rain. Grim morning, not getting any brighter.

27/04/2013 at 3:46 pm

So that’s why the second prompt. Chuckle. Your weather is our weather.

3. Stan Ski

27/04/2013 at 4:47 pm

Oh… it’s spam… and there was me thinking that ‘anonymous’ really enjoyed my posts…!
    Nice one Margo 🙂

27/04/2013 at 5:13 pm

Stan, i do enjoy your visits! 😀

4. The Happy Amateur

27/04/2013 at 5:52 pm

It’s funny, Margo, and sounds very familiar. The first time I got one of these it actually took me a couple moments to realize it was not a real person writing. The spammers got smart: they use this computer generated, robot language now. One might just think a really weird person is commenting and click on some link…have to be careful these days.

27/04/2013 at 10:23 pm

I think we get the same spam! I recognize several of those ‘posters’ Boy they get around. I got one the other day that some gosh awful long paragraph, but I didn’t know what Asian language it was so I just said..bye-bye.

Since I took away the ‘like’ option, which doesn’t work if someone follows you, (they can still like you in their reader section…) I’ve been getting less spam. But then I also took away the twitter and facebook options because I don’t have those accounts either. At least the ‘Likes’ aren’t displayed and I am not being a party to misleading any one to some odd ball who thinks they will get traffic if they like everyone.