NaPoWriMo: 19 Plums

19 Apr

Miz Q has another fun prompt, gentle on the april-brain: A “wish you were here” postcard poem. Other than a slight panic when I realised I would have to employ technology to get what I wanted [abated by Miz Q who rushed into action and found a low pressure route], things seemed to go well.

medium_4985996252-1

I might have fought with the metre were it any month but April. As it is, I’m happy to have something that vaguely follows Williams.

Photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/arsheffield/4985996252/”>arsheffield</a&gt; via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a&gt; <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/”>cc</a&gt;

Posted by on 19/04/2013 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: , ,

16 responses to “NaPoWriMo: 19 Plums

1. JulesPaige

19/04/2013 at 1:35 pm

You know the food channel has some wonderful recipes for baked and grilled fruit. But those plums look just fine the way they are.

I went to Italy…OK so it was about 15 years ago. But I still chuckle when I think about it. Kind of like you walking in the airport with your dragon around your neck. Now that would make a good verse too. Don’t scale back now…breath fire into that verse! At least it’s an idea for when you eyes start rolling further back up in their sockets. 🙂

19/04/2013 at 3:11 pm

I love that I can rely on you for a laugh. I’m falling behind in my reading again. Am trying hit and miss!

2. Marian J. Veverka

19/04/2013 at 2:01 pm

A taste of summer. (Can’t arrive soon enough!)

19/04/2013 at 3:11 pm

Marian, I know. We dropped 15 degrees today!

3. viv blake

19/04/2013 at 2:03 pm

Yum – postcard poem and plums.

4. Stan Ski

19/04/2013 at 2:19 pm

Now I need plums!

5. Carol Carlisle

19/04/2013 at 2:22 pm

Love the poetic references. Brilliant combinations of tech and poetry. Yea Instagram 🙂
    PS even if it’s poetry month I still put up dance music.
    Carol

19/04/2013 at 3:13 pm

Why, thank you!

Dance? hahahahahahah… oh, sorry. My days are insane. Dance would probably be good. I shall visit.

6. Pamela

19/04/2013 at 5:24 pm

Eloquent, Margo. I love it.

7. Elizabeth

19/04/2013 at 6:48 pm

When I really get stuck, my mind reaches back to WCW’s poem about the plums. That is when I knew that poetry was a world of its own and would go on growing forever. Glad to see you use it. Love the photo (luscious) and your words. Wish I was there, too,

Elizabeth

20/04/2013 at 9:02 am

One of my all time favourite poems, Elizabeth. I would love to have met him.

8. Karin Wiberg