NaPoWriMo: Eleven Even

11 Apr

12:35 p.m. — Atlanta

listening to Einaudi, The Dark Line

Y’all are nuts, you know. Note the added authority in the statement, eleven days into the month. As I am part of the nuttiness this year, I had better make it, We all are nuts, you know. Just wait ’til next year when I sit back with the knowledge I have been here and done this. Talk about authority when I say, Y’all are nuts, you know.

I apologise for the late posts this month. They depend on my having a poem. At least, they do since I decided if the poem is short it’s going in with the day’s offerings. I feel like I’m flooding everything, what with actively shouting out The Pulitzer Remix Project [think of my link as to another poem I’ve done for Poem a Day] everywhere, along with my 84 co-conspirators doing the same.

Poem first, then a couple of links to take you away from it all. The poem is in response to We Write Poems. They ask for our first, our very first, thought on waking. Remember that they are trying out us being able to post our poems anytime during the week [like you do here]. Poem:

Footsteps shuffle over carpet
into my sleep — he’s up, mmmmm,
one more hour. I roll over
into his left behind warmth.

Places to visit:

1] Because we forget to do this, I’m bringing back Calm. They have changed the environments and have a new set of soothing vistas and sounds. Choose the amount of time you want and click. To see the different environments, use the arrow bottom right. They offer a guided imagery but you can turn the voice off, also bottom right [Not the volume button. The voice button appears after the voice begins.] This may be my favourite all-time site.

2] This second is to a blog that has, among many interests, an interest in how poetry works. I liked this particular post, but if you want to get lost in things non-poetic, look at the right-hand sidebar. Blog author Kenney Meyers has a wide-ranging eye.

3] For a bit of lighthearted nonsense [and great fun for me] visit The Rag Tree. It has been a while, hasn’t it? I have just been crowned Queen of the Dragons of Grammar for the year. This post describes my coronation tea. While you are there, wander around and remind yourself of the many excellent posts to be found here.

4] Laugh:

WritersOnVacation

I’ll see you tomorrow for the April roundup and pretty much every day in April, should my brain not snap, explode, implode… so many possibilities.

Happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 11/04/2013 in poetry, writing

Tags: , , , ,

8 responses to “NaPoWriMo: Eleven Even

11/04/2013 at 2:15 pm

I’m going to have to come back to this since I didn’t do the WWP prompt yet.
    I wonder if CALM fixed itself. I had to take it off my top bar because it kept catching.
    Not calm at all …more irritating. But I’m willing to give it a second chance.

Vacation…what’s that? Nice comic though. 🙂

2. margo roby

11/04/2013 at 2:40 pm

You have more darn problems with tech, Jules! What do you mean catching? I have had Calm on my upper bar for over a year with no problem.

3. viv blake

12/04/2013 at 5:28 am

Love the lethargic poem, Margo, and I took a trip to the coronation, leaving the following comment:

Congratulations Your Majestic Margoship. This is all great fun, but a most important dragon is missing from the celebrations: Apostrophe Executioner AKA the Laughing Housewife

12/04/2013 at 7:14 am

Thank you, ViV. I’m glad you attended. I wanted to be able to laugh with someone! I’m glad you left the comment re Tilly Bud. I’m surprised Eric hasn’t done apostrophes yet, but when he does!

• Music&Meaning

12/04/2013 at 11:37 am

Queen Margot: as i just informed viv, the application of a certain Laughing Housewife has been recently received and is undergoing careful scrutiny…stay tuned for further developments!! your humble servant, RT

12/04/2013 at 11:53 am

My Dear RT: We approve. I’m sure ViV does, too.

QM

4. Mr. Walker

12/04/2013 at 9:33 am

Margo, my wife would like your poem. I think I’ll share it with her. I like it, too.

Richard

12/04/2013 at 9:39 am

Richard, thank you. She rolls into the warmth, too, huh!? It’s my favourite moment of the day.