Poem in Response to Wordle #13

18 Jul

Wordle #13

Ah! The divine illusion
of a celestial life after
death, of a cloud
or balcony from which
we can observe the flap,
the increasingly
ominous jostles to life’s
pantomime. More
comforting, a void
and emerald bones.

I have no idea where the subject came from . As I reread the words after listing them, they came together this way. Perhaps because I am visiting my mother who often says she hopes for a little pink cloud so she can observe what happens next. And perhaps because the news headlines are increasingly wretched.

Thanks to Brenda and The Sunday Whirl. If you haven’t visited, do.

Posted by on 18/07/2011 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: , , , , , ,

36 responses to “Poem in Response to Wordle #13

1. Traci B

18/07/2011 at 2:42 pm

Well wordled, Margo. 🙂

2. Daydreamertoo

18/07/2011 at 3:01 pm

What a lovely whirl of worde words, too. Yes, the news is dreadful these days.

3. TheMsLvh

18/07/2011 at 3:25 pm

Good play on the wordle 13.
    I sibmittied my first today. soort of tricky

18/07/2011 at 4:48 pm

Thank you TheMsLvh! I will head over to look at yours. They do get easier as your brain gets used to this sort of prompt, and they are fun. You don’t have to use all the words and you can change the form of the words [some of us are just stubborn].

4. wordsandthoughtspjs

18/07/2011 at 3:45 pm

Margo, I believe it is the news, and all the crazies running round. Sometimes I am astonished by people’s behaviour. It does have an influence on our writing. How could it not?

I certainly love the direction you went with the words.

btw go check out Poets United for a surprise, and a well-deserved honourable mention 😉

18/07/2011 at 4:45 pm

Pamela, I had an email in my box this morning telling me to go over! Thank you so much. Your nomination has made my day [and longer] 🙂

5. anl4

18/07/2011 at 4:57 pm

I liked it very much! You arranged the words so they really made sense!

6. vivienne Blake

18/07/2011 at 6:16 pm

Media hype and spin and downright lies ruin many lives. Sorry, rant over. Your poem made me think on many levels, and I am amazed at what you achieved in so few extra words beside the Wordle. Thank yhou.

18/07/2011 at 8:19 pm

Rant away, Viv. You should be here with me and my mother. Oy! We spend a lot of time ranting about many things, among which are journalists.

7. Mike Patrick

18/07/2011 at 6:31 pm

I’m glad to see your muse kicked in so quickly. It’s wonderful when things flow effertlessly. Great poem.

Yours came fast while I tried to spend a little extra time on mine. Now I’m wondering if the vision in my head came through into the blog. Might be an interesting topic: what we write as apposed to what we think we write.

• Mike Patrick

18/07/2011 at 6:33 pm

18/07/2011 at 8:31 pm

I’m grinning, Mike. And here I have been so good at not biting any of the provocative statements you put out about your age. Forgot, huh?

Okay…I will approach your poem with that in mind and tell you what I read and you can see if it matches what you intended to write. And, it would be an interesting topic which might take a bit of organising. Any thoughts?

8. Mama Zen

18/07/2011 at 9:14 pm

“A void and emerald bones.” Love it!

9. margo roby

18/07/2011 at 9:22 pm

Thank you, Mama Zen. I think that is my favourite line!

10. Sherry Blue Sky

18/07/2011 at 9:34 pm

Very cool. I love the idea of cloud-sitting, viewing the afterlife. Also loved the emerald bones!!!!!

18/07/2011 at 9:51 pm

Thank you, Sherry! I am rather fond of the emerald bones myself 🙂 And my mother is always saying to me she wants a little pink cloud from which to watch events unfold. I am fond of the image [although not of what will happen for my mother to be on the little pink cloud!].

11. anjum wasim dar

18/07/2011 at 9:46 pm

Not as good a theme as Yours Margo, just sharing my perception of the temporal and the eternally celestial:

Ominous Pantomimes
    startle and disrupt
    celestial rythms,

alarming sacred
    emerald flaps
    of divine balconies,

creating horrific illusions
    of dry bones jostling,

leaving to observation
    in the voided vaults,
    reflections of
    Faustian Legends

18/07/2011 at 9:49 pm

I saw this on your site and commented there, Anjum.

• anjum wasim dar

19/07/2011 at 6:31 am

Dear Margo Thank you so much for your most encouraging comment.

12. Dheepikaa Balasubramanian

18/07/2011 at 11:10 pm

I love this!

18/07/2011 at 11:51 pm

Thank you, Dheepikaa, and welcome!

13. 1sojournal

18/07/2011 at 11:12 pm

Margo, falling behind again. But glad I made it here. Glad to see that you also found the connection to emerald bones. Have no idea why, but those were the first to words in the wordle list that joined hands and refused to let go, lol. Actually like that when it happens. Whispers to me about the spirit that might dwell in the words themselves. Like your poem, almost a dream like quality until reality steps in at the end. Also like your story of where the image came from.

Elizabeth

18/07/2011 at 11:57 pm

Elizabeth, I understand. I feel like I run from site to site either posting or reading or commenting and trying to write around all that. I’m glad you stopped by. I appreciate your comments. I wrote emerald bones down together when I copied the words and they stayed together. A lot of my words from the wordles first join each other in the lists I put down.

14. Tilly Bud

19/07/2011 at 4:29 am

You did a great job with this wordle, Margo. It made sense and was heartfelt.

19/07/2011 at 12:20 pm

Thank you, Tilly B. I appreciate the making sense part. That’s good to know.

15. Mary

19/07/2011 at 8:10 am

You said you had no idea where the subject came from. This happens to me as well with wordles. Somehow the words find their OWN subject. I enjoy the process, write poems I would never have come up with otherwise!

19/07/2011 at 12:21 pm

I like the way you put it, Mary: The words find their own subject. Very cool. And I agree: I would never have written these poems without the words presented.

16. Jingle Poetry

19/07/2011 at 11:06 am

creative and beautiful.

19/07/2011 at 12:21 pm

Thank you, JP. I appreciate your stopping by.

17. Sharp Little Pencil

20/07/2011 at 1:44 am

Margo, I loved the emerald bones. It’s such a scattershot moment in the poem, quirky, and it works. You’re amazing, and I’m glad your poem was included in the Wordle! Peace, Amy

20/07/2011 at 12:19 pm

Thank you, Amy. I love how you put it: scattershot moment. I went back and forth on whether to leave that phrase but liked it too much not to.

18. brenda w

20/07/2011 at 11:22 am

Margo, I like your ideas here, and am with you feeling somewhat disgruntled, disaffected, scared(?) by the state of the world. I hope your mom finds her pink cloud, too.
    ~Brenda

20/07/2011 at 12:22 pm

I think more and more scared, Brenda. And I have long-lived genes so there’s no early out except under the wheels of a bus [!]. Mom says she’s getting out just in time. I remind her she has the same long-lived genes and less chance of going under the wheels of a bus.