A Poem for Wordling Whirl of Sundays

pulled for revision

Posted by on 29/05/2011 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

24 responses to “A Poem for Wordling Whirl of Sundays

1. brenda w

29/05/2011 at 12:06 pm

Oh how I love the lemon light of night….this is a rich piece, Margo. I’m so glad you are writing to the wordles. This falls into place like the words were meant to be ordered that way. There is no falseness forced.
    ~Brenda

2. margo roby

29/05/2011 at 12:12 pm

Thank you, Brenda! I forgot to mention I changed yellow to lemon because my brain saw lemon from the first. I am looking forward to visiting your site and participating. Even if my brain doesn’t come up with a poem I shall visit others to read and enjoy.

3. anjum wasim dar

29/05/2011 at 1:21 pm

A window opens
    in Heaven’s door
    as angels gather

to defend,in the waning
    yellow light contrasting
    colors of life rearrange

for absolute srrender, a
    mystic lull fills the celestial
    void before the final risk

no utterance just faith and
    acceptance beneath the martyrs
    wait ,for the Flight to descend.

m, you have written a deeply effective poem-I tried to find a poem, hope you will review -a

4. margo roby

29/05/2011 at 1:25 pm

I particularly like the line “contrasting/colors of life” and the final stanza. I am able to picture the whole scene. If you enjoy doing the wordles I’ll have the link every week, Anjum.

5. anjum wasim dar

29/05/2011 at 3:05 pm

I am your student Dear Ma’am .Thank you for the appreciation.Over the years I have identified myself as a freestyle writer. I definitely achieve better results if I am more focused . I can write with given word lists , as in 3 word poetry challenges I have won distinctions but at times I do feel stressed if I have to meet a deadline but then…I guess there reside the twins-Oh Dear Ma’am I need you surely…please go ahead with the weekly link …

6. anjum wasim dar

to keep your
    heart
    with me,
    and keep finding
    lovely poetry.

29/05/2011 at 5:33 pm

This made me smile and laugh, Anjum. Great fun.

• anjum wasim dar

29/05/2011 at 6:05 pm

To make You happy is one of the first
        Affective Objectives
        second is to make you smile
        and third : to make you laugh…and enjoy what I write …
        for you are a Great Friend Teacher and ..and…highly motivating literary genius , knowing the great art of creative writing…see … despite the zeeeinnggggg mosquito militants with their stinger missiles I am braving the heat…waiting for a literary poetical exchange with my great Teacher…
        Thank you M for all your affectionate support.

7. pamelasayers

29/05/2011 at 5:01 pm

Gorgeous, Margo. I am so happy I didn’t miss this. Instinct told me to go back, and see who else posted for last week, and there you were. Yay!

29/05/2011 at 5:32 pm

Thank you, Pamela. I will try to post a little earlier next time. I do love it when a wordle comes together and am so glad to have found this site.

8. Mary

29/05/2011 at 5:25 pm

This is wonderful, Margo.
    “Souls are surrendered
    and lives are rearranged.”

29/05/2011 at 5:33 pm

Thanks, Mary. I think those are my favourite lines.

9. anjum wasim dar

29/05/2011 at 6:16 pm

the concept of ‘ last prayers’ is also very effective deep and realistically striking in your poem M -‘ with so many young being martyred in this strange war, poetry also has its effects-‘I wrote some lines with a title’The Last Glance’ will send you the link -soon

10. Elizabeth Young

29/05/2011 at 10:33 pm

This poem reminds me of the movie: ‘City of Angels’ and that angels are far more present than we realise.

11. margo roby

30/05/2011 at 1:15 am

Thank you for your comment, Elizabeth. I agree with you and like the allusion to City of Angels.

12. poetrydiary

30/05/2011 at 2:43 am

I’m impressed how you’ve managed to create both a narrative and some lovely images in this poem, which is also such a straightforward and complete response to the prompt.

13. margo roby

30/05/2011 at 9:16 am

Thank you, Matthew. It is what I like best about wordles: my brain sees the words almost in stanzas and then the idea comes. I liked this one, I confess.

14. Mr. Walker

30/05/2011 at 10:12 am

Margo, this is lovely. I like “angel flights gather” – that is such a striking image. Nicely structured stanzas – and that last stanza is such a beautiful ending.

Richard

15. margo roby

30/05/2011 at 10:18 am

Thank you so much, Richard. I am wrestling with this week’s wordle, so I don’t post quite so late. I am enjoying leavening my usual writing, which can take a long time, with the wordles, which give immediate inspiration.

16. vivinfrance

30/05/2011 at 11:57 am

Oh how I wish your angels would get a move on and stop all those earthly fights. Lovely use of the wordle words.

17. margo roby

30/05/2011 at 1:32 pm

I know, Viv. They aren’t doing a whole lot of good just waiting, are they? And, thank you.

18. anjum

30/05/2011 at 3:18 pm

For M…
    Angels above to the left to the right , all over and beneath
    Ordained eternally alight in regions of sorrow and

darkness visible, in waning yellow light, gathering to protect
    risk takers in desperate dangerous plight, in utter silence

surrendering, rearranging ranks multitudinous, amidst
    absolute lull as vast windows extend their heavy frames

boundless from edge to edge swing wide for the host
    of a hundred thousand grand, as upright they rise

on a mission to end the horrible futile earthly fight
    to begin their final move , the long awaited sacred flight

19. Renee Espriu

04/06/2011 at 12:22 pm

Angels elsewhere and here. Life would not be the same without them. Your descriptive words play on one another and give meaning to something more. Nicely written.

04/06/2011 at 1:54 pm

There is something special about angels, isn’t there? I, like you, have an eclectic belief system, but they all seem to include angels. Thank you, Renee, for your kind words.