Carry on Tuesday Response

04 Jan

9:42 pm, Tuesday, 4 January, 2011 – Atlanta

No, you did not hallucinate the earlier regular post. I started playing with Carry on Tuesday‘s prompt and ended up with something. The prompt:

Our prompt this week is the first lines of the duet All I Ask Of You from The Phantom of the Opera: No more talk of darkness, forget these wide eyed fears.

No More

No looking into tunnels,
more following the sun–
talk only of what’s possible
of light’s warm touch of
darkness’ healing sleep.
Forget the shadows hiding
these thoughts of endless night.
Wide open doors await,
eyed by hope and held by
fears of all that is unknown.

Posted by on 04/01/2011 in poetry

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Carry on Tuesday Response

1. Donna

05/01/2011 at 12:14 pm

Thank you for leaving a comment on my poetry prompt post. I came over to check yours out and read about you finding your passion for teaching. I did as well, very late in life and am now hoping to teach abroad. Poetry was the first love, then writing in general, now teaching and writing. I really enjoyed your “no More’ poem.
    dk

• mroby

05/01/2011 at 12:43 pm

Ahh! My husband and I spent the last twenty years teaching at the international school in Jakarta. We would not have missed the experience for anything. I would love to know how you do with finding a school. If I may ask, what level and subject [I assume English but …]?
      I enjoyed writing the poem. It was one of those that appeared as I read the prompt. Love those – doesn’t happen often.
      m

2. Jingle

05/01/2011 at 12:33 pm

hope is the reason for continued living.
    awesome job.

• mroby

05/01/2011 at 12:40 pm

Thank you! I haven’t left comments but I enjoy my weekly visits to your site.

3. Donna Vorreyer

05/01/2011 at 5:38 pm

I like the way you combined your prompt with mine – and I love that you seem to provide an outlet for many discussions here.

I am still a full-time middle school teacher, so I envy your retirement time to write! Glad you stopped be – I will be checking in more regularly and would love to see you on Saturdays at the Poetry Tow Truck!

Thanks,
    Donna

• mroby

05/01/2011 at 5:41 pm

As a couple of former students, who are following my blog, have pointed out, I haven’t stopped teaching, but I do love the lack of marking. I am lucky to have been able to retire and am only able to because my husband continues to teach full-time. He is also a middle-school teacher.

I am glad to know you will be stopping by!

Margo