NaPoWriMo: 17 and Counting

17 Apr

An unforeseen result of not posting by my regular schedule: I don’t know what the hell day it is. Come on May. Although, I’m thinking I will give over the first week in May to post my Pulitzer Remix poems. I’d like to see them posted together in their sections. We’ll see. Something I will work on is a page where I have a linked index. One of my fellow remixers has been doing that and adding a new poem each day. That way, people can find her poems easily. I will try and have that done in the next day or two. Really.

Today’s poem is in response to NaPoWriMo’s prompt that asks us to write a salutation to something. I’m saving Miz Q’s for a day when my brain runs for the hills at the sight of all the prompts. Miz Q reminds us that tomorrow is Poem in Your Pocket Day. Head to her place to read some suggestions.

Salutation

haiku

I welcome each day
as a world not seen before:
a child at sixty.

tanka version

I welcome each new day
as a world not seen before –
a child at sixty
I look with the same wonder
I greeted each day at six.

Posted by on 17/04/2013 in exercises, poetry, writing

Tags: , ,

23 responses to “NaPoWriMo: 17 and Counting

1. viv blake

17/04/2013 at 12:38 pm

Weary as I am, I would welcome tomorrow more if I could fathom what I’ve done to my computer.
    But I like your haiku and tanka very much.

17/04/2013 at 12:52 pm

Uh oh, ViV. Those are never good words. What is it not doing? [When at wit’s ends, find high place and drop computer. Very satisfying. Also, requires new computer.]

17/04/2013 at 12:54 pm

Hello!!! I love both versions and also reblogged the poem in pocket day!! All good things here today and a smile for you my friend! Cheers on your Pulitzer Remix Poem progress!

17/04/2013 at 1:35 pm

Good! That you reblogged, I mean [okay also that you liked the poems]. As I really don’t leave my apartment, I am looking out a poem to send to my gmail contact list! Boy, will they be surprised :-)

3. JulesPaige

17/04/2013 at 1:55 pm

60 the new 6 – I love it! I might stick some an anonymous verse up at the post office bulletin board – with an explanation of course! :)

17/04/2013 at 2:01 pm

Jules, that would be the perfect thing to do. I might, might, wander down to Starbucks :-D.

17/04/2013 at 2:12 pm

Such a lovely attitude, Margo. xx

17/04/2013 at 2:23 pm

I was outside a couple of days ago, a gorgeous, cool day and my automatic reaction was to lift my hands a little in my appreciation. I heard a laugh and a woman I hadn’t noticed nearby, said, ‘Yes, it is that kind of day, isn’t it?’ By the time I got to the hairdressers I had to borrow pen and paper.

5. Roslyn Ross (@rosross)

17/04/2013 at 6:51 pm

My life is much better at sixty than it was at six and has been for many decades and for that I am grateful.

18/04/2013 at 7:24 am

Ros, I may look at the world with the wonder of a six year old, but I wouldn’t trade being sixty!

6. rosross

17/04/2013 at 6:52 pm

For some reason it has decided to forget who I am, sigh. Anyway, here is something I wrote yesterday in honour of suffering in Boston and around the world:

18/04/2013 at 7:24 am

Happens to me every now and then, Ros. I try not to dwell. That way lies… well, you know.

7. Pamela

17/04/2013 at 11:03 pm

Both versions are life-affirming (not sure if that is supposed to be hyphenated or not), Margo.
    We simply must be, so much tragedy in this world. One never knows, does one?

18/04/2013 at 7:26 am

Pamela, I have decided [as spellcheck is often wrong, that I will hyphenate, not hyphenate, or space depending on how I feel about its rightness! I absolutely agree that we cannot forget what is wonderful. We really would all be victims, then.

8. The Happy Amateur

18/04/2013 at 9:51 am

Love your haiku and tanka, Margo. And I must say I love to see the old look of your blog again :-) What confuses me is the “mannequin friend” I bump into everywhere..?..

18/04/2013 at 9:59 am

Thank you, Sasha! I am happy with this look, too, and also glad to be back.

WHAT mannequin friend? What have I missed? What am I missing?

9. The Happy Amateur

18/04/2013 at 11:05 am

I must be losing it..and seeing things..he’s not here now, but I swear there was a link to a, how should I put it, quite lame youtube video right on your blog, below your post. Had nothing to do with poetry whatsoever. I saw the same thing on Joseph’s blog.. I heard about a spam attack on wordpress blogs, maybe this mannequin is part of it?.. Might be a good idea to change your password and ID..

18/04/2013 at 11:15 am

Odd and interesting. Thanks, Sasha. Heading to my dashboard, now.

10. The Happy Amateur

18/04/2013 at 11:26 am

Here’s a link to something I read this morning, sounds serious:

I’m afraid yours and Joseph’s blogs have been used for sending out spam..

18/04/2013 at 11:31 am

Damn. Well, the password is changed. We’ll see what happens next. Someone else recently had been attacked and was afraid he would lose all his work. I can’t even imagine. Panic inducing. Thank you for the article. I’ll post it today when I post today’s poem.

11. The Happy Amateur

18/04/2013 at 11:39 am

I keep my fingers crossed..it is scary..I posted a link to this article on my blog as well.