Your Serendipity, Part 2 @ Thursday Thoughts

29 Mar

Hello, again. I tried to give you a small break between postings. For those of you who are just seeing this in their in-boxes and haven’t spotted the earlier post, head here to find out why I am posting in two parts.

We have five short announcements, most of which involve you going and checking things out.

1] The first is from Fiona Robyn, whom many of you know from the site Writing Our Way Home. She is celebrating the publication of her new novel and says: ‘Write a post about your Most Beautiful Thing and schedule it for anytime on the 24th of April. You can post a photo of your most beautiful thing, a poem, a descriptive piece or whatever you like. Your thing can be an object, a person, a place, a memory or a philosophy/ideal (e.g. love).’

I think it sounds like a fun project, especially with the latitude we are given. For more information, visit

2] Next, Mary Kling has just published a collection of her work: Her new poetry book, Just As I Am,  is now available for purchase through Lulu.com. It includes basically all of Mary’s poetry from November, 2010, through early March, 2012.  You can locate it through Lulu.com, or  (easier) you can click on the button found on Mary’s website, which is  http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/ to be able to buy the book at the author’s cost. Mine is already ordered!

3] Always wanted to try reading your poetry aloud? Terrified of stages? Or, live people? [yes, as opposed to zombies] Some of you know this next place, but I bet many of you don’t, or haven’t visited. Buddah Moskowitz runs a virtual poetry reading site. I landed there when Mark Windham let me know he had tried it. I spent an enchanting time over there hearing the voices of many people, whom I have hitherto [score for using hitherto] only known through their writing and photographs. A voice adds so much. You can add yours…

4] A site I visited for the first time this week, has been recommended by Paula Wanken, and I know Amy Barlow Liberatore often writes to their prompts — Shah Wharton Author Blog & WordsinSync. Yes, it is a mouthful. I am going to give you a link straight to the storyteller section, as I found navigating the blog difficult. My brain doesn’t work with that much stuff going on, but your brains might eat it up and there is a lot to feast on.

5] Okay… WordPress and comment difficulty. I have no way of asking WordPress as their happiness engineers are drowning in requests. I did come across two conversations on the topic, but WordPress did not seem to quite grasp the problem. One thing they said, though, is that if you have a Gravatar, you have a WordPress account. The two go together. That may be the reason why WordPress is asking you to sign in. Make sense?

Until tomorrow, happy writing, everyone.

Posted by on 29/03/2012 in poetry, writing

Tags: , , , ,

10 responses to “Your Serendipity, Part 2 @ Thursday Thoughts

1. vivinfrance

29/03/2012 at 3:18 pm

Lots to work through. Thank you, Margo.
    Vx

2. Kathleen Kirk

29/03/2012 at 11:20 pm

Thanks for all this, and I am excited about the “your most beautiful thing” thing.

30/03/2012 at 7:39 am

You are welcome, Kathleen. I’m excited too. Must clear the decks for some concentrated thinking.

3. aspenmeadows

30/03/2012 at 12:06 am

I do have a gravatar account although I’m not sure what it does. Other than explain this mystery!

30/03/2012 at 7:40 am

I never know what these things mean, Mary, but it is nice to know there is a reason!

30/03/2012 at 3:36 am

I heard Amy at Buddah’s blog, reading poetry and singing, and Pearl, which was great fun. I also enjoyed hearing Joseph read his poems through the link on his blog. He has a lovely etherial voice. As for the beautiful thing for Fiona, that requires thought so as to avoid the usual pen from which beautiful words flow, or babies, or some of other cliche whatsit. Maybe my wrinkles or laugh lines; I’ve plenty of those.

Well, on with the day. Good morning, everyone! :)

30/03/2012 at 7:43 am

Misky, Buddah gets lots of stars for thinking up the idea and setting it up. I don’t like my voice [does anyone like their voices?] so am reluctant, but think it’s probably a good thing to do.
      I know what you mean about the cliche aspect. It will be fun to think on and I like that we can add stuff, other than poetry for this. If I can’t write an uncliched poem, may

5. Mary

30/03/2012 at 7:51 am

Yes, I have gravatar too, which is how I now HAVE to respond to Word Press blogs. I used to be able to use my Blogger account. I know for a while some Word Press people had problems with posting using Blogger as well. Sometimes I think that the two just try to make it difficult for the ‘others.’

30/03/2012 at 7:55 am

A little squabbling between those who should know better :-)
      I have found that if I open WordPress in a tab before I start my rounds, I don’t have a problem. I don’t even have to go to my blog [I never sign out], but just need to be on WordPress’ main page.